share this recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Excella Sunflower oil for deep-frying
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
2. Whisk egg, milk and sugar.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients, add milk and egg mixture and mix to very soft dough. You could add more milk if necessary.
4. Heat the Excella Sunflower oil.
5. Ladle level spoonfuls of batter into the hot oil and fry until brown on both sides, before removing from oil.
6. Fill with jam, polony or curried mince.