share this recipe
- 2 large onions
- 1 L Excella Sunflower oil
- 300g self raising flour
- Salt and pepper
- 360ml sparkling water
1. Peel the onions and slice into 1cm rounds, separating the onions into rings.
2. Heat the Excella Sunflower oil in a large pot until it reaches 180°C.
3. Mix the flour, salt and pepper before adding the sparkling water, whisking quickly to combine.
4. Dunk the onion rings into the batter so that they’re nicely coated and place in the hot oil carefully.
5. Cook the onion rings until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes, and remove from oil with a slotted spoon. Repeat until all of the onion rings are fried up, and serve immediately.