share this recipe
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 2 cups yellow polenta
- 3 T unsalted butter
- ½ cup (4 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 T unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup Excella Sunflower Oil
1. In a large saucepan, bring the milk, water, salt, and pepper to a low boil. Working quickly, vigorously whisk in the cornmeal and reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, stirring frequently with a heat-resistant rubber spatula. (Make sure to stir along the sides and bottom of the pan so the polenta does not stick.)
2. Once the polenta is tender, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the 3 tablespoons butter and the mascarpone cheese.
3. Cut two pieces of parchment paper to line a 34×22 cm rimmed baking sheet. Lay one piece of parchment on the sheet and brush 1 tablespoon of the room-temperature butter over it. Pour the polenta onto the buttered parchment and spread the polenta into a smooth, even layer. Brush the other piece of parchment with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and place the parchment, butter side down, on top of the polenta.
4. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours or up to 2 days in advance.
5. Preheat a grill to medium-high.
6. Trim the polenta, cutting off about 1 inch on each side to form straight edges, and cut it into 6 squares. Halve each square to form 2 triangles.
7. Brush the top of the polenta squares generously with oil, and place the polenta, oiled side down, on the grill. Serve immediately.