Grilled Pepper and Mushroom Salad
share this recipe
- 1 each red and yellow peppers
- 10 large black mushrooms, sliced
- 2 brinjals, washed and sliced
- 10ml (2 tsp) Excella Sunflower Oil
- 5ml (1tsp) mustard powder
- 10ml (2tsp) crushed garlic
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250ml (1 cup) cooked brown lentils
- ½ can (410g) butter beans, drained
- 1 pkt mixed salad leaves
- Lite Italian salad dressing
1. Halve the peppers, discard the seeds, slice them thickly and place under a grill until blackened and blistered. Place in a plastic bag until cool, they will sweat making the skins easier to remove. Carefully strip off the blackened skin.
2. Set the oven at 180 degrees C and brush a shallow roasting pan with the sunflower oil.
3. Arrange brinjals and mushrooms in the pan, sprinkle with mustard powder, garlic and olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from oven, season with salt and pepper, turn over and bake for a further 10 minutes until vegetables just soften.
5. Toss lettuce leaves in salad dressing, arrange on a serving platter, place the peppers, brinjals and mushrooms on the lettuce and scatter butter beans on salad. Serve at room temperature.