share this recipe
- 2 cups coarse rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup Excella Sunflower oil
- ½ cup dried fruit, such as raisins or cranberries
- ½ cup nuts and seeds
- ¼ cup toasted coconut strips
1. Heat the oven to 140°C and place the oats, oil, sugar, salt and honey together in a bowl, mixing until combined.
2. Spread the oats out evenly on a baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes or so, until the oats are nicely golden.
3. Cool the oats, stirring as they cool to loosen up the oat chunks as the mix will harden as it cools.
4. Add the fruit, nuts, seeds and coconut strips to the oats and stir to combine.
5. Keep in an airtight jar for about 2 weeks, serving with fresh fruit and yoghurt for breakfast.