share this recipe
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour for coating
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Excella Sunflower oil for deep-frying
1. Season the flour with salt, pepper and paprika and place in a large plastic bag.
2. Dip a few chicken pieces at a time in the buttermilk then put them in the bag with the flour. Seal the bag and shake to coat well. Remove the chicken pieces and allow to marinate until flour is like a paste consistency.
3. Fill a large frying pan with Excella Sunflower oil and gradually heat until very hot.
4. Add chicken pieces into the hot Excella Sunflower oil and brown the chicken on both sides. Reduce heat and cover pan; let it cook for 30 minutes until properly cooked.