share this recipe
- 4 large courgettes
- 300g flour
- 4 egg whites
- Excella Sunflower oil
1. Slice the courgettes in half and then lengthwise into ½ cm batons. Place in a colander on the draining board section of the sink, sprinkle with salt and allow the excess water to drain for about half an hour.
2. Stir the flour together with enough warm water (about 2 cups) to give you a double cream yoghurt consistency. Whisk up the egg whites to a stiff peak consistency and fold into the flour mixture.
3. Heat a pan of Excella Sunflower oil to about 170°C in the meantime.
4. Use a kitchen towel to get rid of the excess water from the courgette batons before adding to the batter and stirring to coat them.
5. Add spoonfuls of the courgettes in batter to the oil and cook until golden brown. Repeat until all of the courgettes are fried up and serve immediately with some mayonnaise on the side.