share this recipe
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 20 chicken wings
- 1 L Excella Sunflower oil for frying
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup hot sauce
1. Mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Pour the flour mixture over the chicken wings, mixing thoroughly and allow to marinate for an hour.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pot until it reaches 190°C. In the meantime, melt the butter and the hot sauce, and season with a bit of black pepper.
3. Fry the chicken wings, which are coated in the flour mixture marinade, in the oil for about 15 minutes, or until the wings are golden brown.
4. Place all the wings in a bowl and toss over the butter and hot sauce mixture, stirring to coat all thoroughly.
5. Serve with a cooling sour cream and chive dip.