share this recipe
- 1 L chicken stock
- 300g Arborio rice
- ¾ tsp salt
- 100g Parmesan, grated
- 200g Mozzarella, grated
- 2 punnets mushrooms, sautéed
- 1 Jumbo egg
- 200g flour
- 500g breadcrumbs
- Excella Sunflower oil for frying
1. Bring the stock up to the boil and add the rice and salt. Allow to come back up to the boil before simmering until the stock has been absorbed. Stir in the Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste, and place in the fridge to cool.
2. Once the rice mixture is cool, mix the mozzarella and mushrooms through the rice and roll into 12 equal-sized balls.
3. Beat the egg in one bowl and place the flour and breadcrumbs in separate bowls.
4. Meanwhile, heat up the oil in a deep pot to 170°C.
5. Whilst the oil is heating up, roll the rice balls in the flour first, then the egg and lastly the seasoned breadcrumbs.
6. Fry in batches until they’re golden brown, placing them on a wire rack to cool.